Sunday 20 October 2013

Blog review

The blog I have chosen to review belongs to a Swansea Metropolitan student who went teaching in China. I was inspired by the email sent from the University Career Adviser (Jill), inviting us all to view the blog 'My adventures in China' .
I really enjoyed exploring this friendly and welcoming blog which I found really easy to use due to clear labelling and organisation of content.
Reading about Stephanie's adventures in China is fascinating and inspirational and these are some of the things she blogs about: travelling adventures (right from the beginning in Cardiff Airport) , the shock of Chinese culture, visiting the Great Wall of China (and many more amazing sights), the Chinese New Year, producing a documentary on the life of a teacher in China and having fun in the classroom with teaching Chinese students English words by showing them pictures and getting them to describe her family friends and relatives.
This blog has amazing photographs showing Stephanie's adventures. I love the idea of a picture blog and the photographs on 'My adventures in China' reminded me of my own travelling experiences in Thailand. In fact, each blog entry is accompanied by a meaningful photograph, in addition to the fascinating Gallery.
I have considered teaching abroad before hence why I completed a TEFL qualification.
Exploring this blog has definately inspired me and encoraged me to find out more about opportunities abroad. Furthermore, it has also been inspirational and enlightening to read the real thoughts and experiences of a foreign national teaching in China.

2 comments:

  1. Some amazing pictures! You're right it really does make you want to travel and make discoveries of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- it is inspiring. I didn't make it further than Europe in my teaching English adventure but reading about experiences like this is an encouragement to go further afield.

    ReplyDelete