Sunday 10 November 2013

PCET student

It's been a hard week.

Finding out I am not eligible for funding for the PCET course was quite harsh and a shock. It did make me seriously wonder whether I am able to continue the course or not.
Whilst this questions remains I am looking for a placement and hoping to be able to solve it all as I have found such a lovely group of people to learn and develop with :)

I have however had a great time looking for a teaching placement in Swansea with Mark. Amazingly our search was successful, it gave us ideas and I think it ended up with a placement for Mark :)

Hurraaay for student email and Moodle being back on, even if it is for reference only.
My use of Technology this week has mostly been email (Yahoo and MS Outlook) and Internet as well as a secure database I use for work to log various details from local business people and not forgetting mobile technology in the form of my Iphone that has become part of my life.
I have also been thinking about how I can use Technology in the micro teaching session coming up very soon.

So I remain optimistic about being able to continue on the PCET course. If anybody knows anything about student loans, I will very much appreciate your opinions and advice.

See you tomorrow,

Cristina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, sorry to hear about the funding issues, I applied for funding, however I was told our house hold income took us above the fresh hold. A difficult decision whether to continue or not, I intend to stay, the uni have informed me I can pay in two parts, half in January and the final payment the end of the first year. I had hoped to be able to pay monthly, however this is no longer possible. Fingers crossed everything will work out in the end, see you Monday Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your reply, Paul. It is a little bit comforting to know I am not the only one in this situation but I am gutted for both of us.
    I had the same problem as you.
    See you Monday , hope you have a great week,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete