Tuesday 12 November 2013

Thoughts following our ICT session this week


Learning about Interactive Whiteboards (IWB) tonight was very interesting. I have seen this used many times before in Secondary Schools across Swansea and Neath-Port Talbot and it has always been mainly the 'teacher's board'. Only once I have seen students interacting with the board, during a Science lesson for Year 8 pupils.

After our ICT session today I am able to visualise and understand more how an IWB can be a useful aid to learning as well as encourage interaction.
I have learnt the distinction between the SMART board and the Promoethean board and had a chance to practice using both of them. I preferred the SMART board or the 'touch' board mainly because it doesn't require a pen or a stylus to be used as a mouse.

I have noticed Mandy has included a couple of relevant academic readings on Moodle (haven't looked at them properly yet) where we can find out more about IWB and how they can be effective, active and interactive tools for us as teachers and not only. I also really like the box of tricks Mandy posted hence why I have stolen the link and included it here.

Hopefully by next week I will have time to download the SMART Notebook software and explore it a little bit. I would like to use it if not in my micro-teaching session next week then soon in one of my teaching session on placement.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is really becoming a very useful space for collecting and sharing ideas and finds, I hope that you carry on with it.

    ReplyDelete